2010年6月18日星期五

Stir up a storm in a teacup

1. Have a hollow leg mass, never drunk
2. Give ... a once-over a little ... on the line
3. face the music face the punishment of wrong things, waiting to endure that
4. Stir up a storm in a teacup storm in a teacup
5. Count me in plus I have one " br>
is that my neighbors have it, in order to better understand the United States the local culture, I did not choose the school dormitory, but with friends rented out the house. Just moved to the next morning, as I live out on the run into the next neighbor. This person really is a typical American lummox (lubber), how visual height have to close to 2 meters, saying he saw me out, no recognition of the students come to introduce themselves, Hi,Miss Michael Jackson!, I'm Lucifer, are you my new neighbor? Nice to meet you! By the way, u like drinking? Go with me then! I have a hollow leg! What? Is this man has not a specific function, how do legs or empty? I was wondering when the bucket out of his girlfriend led to explained, Don't worry, he just shows off his drinking capacity to everyone. I then suddenly realized that have a hollow leg is massive, it drink meaning.
Interpretation: have a hollow leg literally, a person's legs are hollow children, and is quite horrible, but think about carefully, the bottle is empty barrels do not you be filled with wine. So, a big drinker who will not be much reason to drink drunk, because he was in addition to stomach, there are two hollow legs that can hold wine.

Lucifer's girlfriend I discovered that the trend of carrying a bucket threw a garage, do you need a hand? I tried to help, no thanks, the car's not very dirty, a one-over will do. before I could react, she has begun to come clean from the car, look at her posture of Cache, and then see if she does not dirty the car, I came round to see her, the original once-over here is that we usually always say a little Hulu on the line means that if a dirty car to the point, then use the wash my car up. Sure enough, or the girl carefully ah!
interpretation: once-over with here again, go over the meaning hastily. And give ... a once-over in the slang is a little ... on the line meant. Literally, there are roughly about the meaning of something. For example I'll just give the table a once-over with the tissue after dinner. After dinner I wipe the table with a paper towel on the line a little. See, the same English word in the slang becomes another means this is where the fun of learning slang.

Are you sure you don't need a hand? see a Choice between Love and a man Cleaning, I could not help but want to ask her or need help. But she politely refused me, and naughty to say, I'm fine, Lucifer's a lazy guy, he never helps me, but don't worry, he will face the music! Oh? Music? What kind of music then? I tried to talk to her I love the music, did not think she has stopped laughing matter at hand, I fail to see, Do I understand that a mistake? She quickly explained that, I mean, he will be punished. The original, so-called face the music she is to receive punishment means ah, this time I'm gonna remember well, next time can not look at the points of the.
Interpretation: face the music from literally the face of music than the original intent of the word easier. In fact, it has done nothing wrong, it had to face the consequences, ready to suffer or accept the punishment that means. Although Lucifer looked at his girlfriend ignored a person, but for which he must face the music also had something really serious. But I believe this is only a joke, she is not willing to punish Lucifer's. In addition, you can say, It's time to face the music. This is the time for courage to face reality.

Lucifer then quickly smooth things over for himself, Don't worry, she is only stir up a storm in a teacup, I always help her clean up the house. This time I heard, Lucifer means Do not fuss over her girlfriend. In fact, he was very diligent. The two men really are cute ah.
Interpretation: Stir up a storm in a teacup. 'teacup storm' that is the meaning of fuss. A storm in a teacup from a famous French writer Balzac's account, this sentence from a 18th century French philosopher and thinker Montesquieu's famous. Once, he heard of San Marino political turmoil took place, on the use of "teacup storm" to comment on. Because the Republic of San Marino is the smallest in Europe, only one million people, Montesquieu thought the unrest situation in the whole of Europe insignificant. Therefore, the word derived result.

and they talked to the Kings head, almost forgot I also went shopping to do, and quickly, and they say goodbye, farewell when Lucifer did not forget to added something like, If you go to the bar, count me in! really is a legendary drunk, noting that the spirit of the wine came, no problem! Than distant neighbors said, it looked a bit unreasonable.
Interpretation: Count me in meaning is to add me, Lucifer that other people love wine, how can we miss every opportunity to drink bar, it seems, and he went to drink from a cup is ruled out. In fact, if the same can also be used in many places, when a friend comments, if you are interested, you could say count me in! I have to go! Voice so strong, the other would like to count you out it will not work.

没有评论:

发表评论